13 August 2011

Lion security issue(s) 1.0

Since yesterday I just posted about how secure OS X Lion is, today I took a look around for possible flaws and security issues and guess what I've found. Passware Kit Forensic is a software for passwords recovery, and the last version can retrieve passwords from a Mac OS X Lion computer in a few minutes, regardless of password lenght. The software uses the content that is stored in the system memory and reads it via Firewire. This means that login passwords that are stored in the system memory, even when the computer is in sleep mode or locked, are used to get possibly unauthorized access to a system.
The recommendation to protect yourself from this vulnerability is to simply turn your Mac off and not let it sit in sleep mode on your desk (which seems to be rather common sense to me).
Here Don Resinger from Cnet explains the whole thing in detail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help different users like its aided me. Good job.

My web-site :: how to hack a twitter account

Anonymous said...

Hello colleagues, how is all, and what you
wish for to say regarding this article, in my view its genuinely awesome designed for
me.

Stop by my page ... all in one seo

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did, the net might be a lot more useful than ever before. "Nothing will come of nothing." by William Shakespeare.

My blog :: twitter password